| This is my Kansas City Royals binder. Contemporary Royals followed by vintage cards. I have gotten a lot of the contemporary cards by going to the local card shop and asking the guy to pull out his Royals. I usually find a stack of 20 or so cards, and he names a price in the $6 or $7 dollar range. Then I go back a couple weeks later and we do the same thing. A lot of the vintage cards are from my childhood collection. They are special because they were so much harder to collect in those days, before ebay existed, and before I had money. They came from packs, purchased one at a time, or from trading with friends. In 2015 I purchased 4 '87 topps wax boxes of unopened packs, and had a great time going through them. |
| This page represents the 2015 World Series lineup. |
| And these are key pitchers from the World Series. Hochevar, Herrera, and Davis won the postseason for us. They were the heroes of 2015, hands down. |
| I have begun collecting Eric Hosmers, he's my favorite. I really like the Topps Archive cards, here I have Hosmer in the '83, '84, and '51 Topps styles. |
| Alex Gordon, also my favorite. '80 and '83 Topps style Gordons. |
| Love Salvador Perez. |
| I acquired these Paulo Orlando cards recently via trade. Very excited about them. |
| I don't have nearly enough Cains and Escobars. |
| Kind of cool Wade Davis RC. |
| Glad Chris Young is back in 2016. |
| Cueto in the '51 topps style. |
| A few formers Royals, not forgotten. Also, cards I had made of my sons, Andre and Harper. |
| Here we get to my vintage Royals collection. I have some older George Bretts also, all in hard cases. |
| Here is a sequence of topps Bretts from '86 to '91. |
| Bo Jackson, an all-time favorite. The Bo injury was hard for me as a kid. |
| Complete '87 topps Royals team set, with a Seitzer card from the traded series added in. |
| '86 topps Royals. Jorge Orta keeps appearing in the bottom right corner because the slot is empty. |
| And the complete '85 topps Royals team set. A recent ebay acquisition. |
| '79 U.L. Washington, and I have doubles of the Bret Saberhagen. |
| Here is the complete '76 Royals topps team set. The George Brett is in a hard case, so not shown here. |
No comments:
Post a Comment